Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bare Because We Care



And this year's winner of the press coverage jackpot is... the Humane Society of Jefferson County's "Bare Because We Care" 2007. Dinesh Ramde of the Associated Press can be proud that his (her?) sentence following appears on hundreds of major newspapers and television news operations' websites:

Miss December is wearing nothing but a Santa hat and a smile. Oh, and holding one strategically placed cat.

I mean, who can ask for a better lede than that? Congratulations, Denesh. (I suppose, if one works for AP, one must get used to seeing one's words and by-line in outlets worldwide. Little ole me still thinks it's kinda cool.)

Miraculously, the Jefferson County Humane Society's servers haven't collapsed yet.

Even more miraculously, neither have mine. That AP story brought me about ten times my normal traffic, as it tempted people to Google for "nude charity calendar" with their new Christmas computers. (I think I'm in the first page of results for just about any permutation of those words.)

For those of you who are new here, welcome! Glad to see you.

UPDATE: In a story for the 2012 edition, WEAU reports that the 2007 calendar raised $30,000! Wahoo!

No comments: